Dear Jr High Parents,
The Jr High Retreat is approaching! I would like to give you a general overview of the retreat. It will take place March 9-11 at Young Life’s Oakbridge Camp in Ramona. On Wednesday the 9th students will arrive at SJA by 8AM. We will all be taking a bus, which will cost $25 per student. Camp activities will include physical activity, skits, dynamic small group meetings, mass, personal and group prayer, worship, and free time.
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Towel, wash cloth, soap & all other toiletries
- Comfortable & appropriate clothes. It can get very hot during the day and very cold at night. The same dress code rules apply at camp, as SJA’s rules on free dress days. Please wear closed-toed shoes as many activities are outside and very athletic. (Girls- watch the length of your shorts & cover your shoulders.)
- Water bottle, and snacks
- No body spray EX: AXE
A few important rules to reinforce with your child while at camp:
- No student is allowed in another cabin without permission, and NEVER allowed in a cabin belonging to the opposite sex.
- No student may leave his/her cabin after the announced bedtime. If you need any assistance there will be a parent chaperone in your room, or you may find Mrs. Sandy/Mrs. Skraby/Mrs. Dunn.
- Please do not move or rearrange the furniture. Students are responsible for any damage done to the cabin, even if it is accidental.
- During meals students may not leave the dining hall unless excused. The dining hall is off-limits except during meals. No food/drinks may be removed.
- Having/using drugs, alcohol, or smoking are grounds for immediate dismissal. If your child takes ANY MEDICATION (asthma inhaler, epi pen, aspirin, etc.) it must REMAIN WITH MRS SANDY/MRS SKRABY THE ENTIRE TIME. Please bring it separated into a plastic bag with your child’s name on it the day of camp. We will carry these with us at all times so that your child has access to it.
- NO TECHNOLOGY!! This means cell phones, ipods, laptops, video games, DVD players, etc. If your child decides to bring their cell phone, it will be collected on the bus ride and kept with Mrs. Sandy/Mrs. Skraby at all times during the retreat. If for any reason they need to use it, they may ask permission.
- Please be on your BEST BEHAVIOR at all times! Remember, we are guests at this camp and would like to be invited back next year. This means, no climbing trees, roofs, buildings, etc.
- Most of all, bring an open heart & mind. Be excited to have a spiritual, life-changing experience!
Please fill out the PERMISSION SLIP and turn into Mrs. Sandy or Mrs. Skraby by Monday March 3nd, along with the $25 bus fee.
If for any reason you need to reach us in an emergency you may use any of these numbers:
Camp Emergency #760-315-0399
Please do not call the office with questions.
This retreat wouldn’t be possible without the amazing Pat Villa & parent chaperones. We can’t wait for the experience to begin!
~Mrs. Sandy, Mrs. Skraby, & Mrs. Dunn