We have been having some difficulties with the ipads not being used properly. The new game Fortnight( spelling?) is taking priority with some of the kids. They have figured out a work around and are able to play at school. As we all know they are better with technology than we are! We are also having some cheating going on using Google and finding some of the resources that are being used with the answer key. Therefore, we have decided, to have the ipads collected at the beginning of each day. They will be able to use them when necessary, but hopefully, by not having the temptation of using them all day, they will be able to focus. Thank you for your support with this.
May Crowning is approaching. Please remember that the boys will wearing their dress clothes to mass and then will change into their school uniform. It is usually a good idea to send a hanger so that the clothes aren’t rolled up and stuffed into their locker.
Moms will meet with the girls to make the crowns on May 8th at noon. It usually takes a little more than an hour to make the crowns. After mass on Friday, moms and girls will have a breakfast in the church social room.
- Spell-a-thon tests and pledge sheets are being redistributed to students on Monday to collect donations. Funds are due Monday, May 7. Thanks for your support!
- The outdoor classroom fence is scheduled to be installed this Thursday and Friday. Please exercise caution when driving and walking on the west side of our campus/heading to and from the church.
- Please join us and witness the talent of our students at Rock the School this Thursday, April 26 at 6:30.
- There has been a date change for our Earth Day/Green Ribbon Celebration: Wear last year's of this year's Green Ribbon shirt or ocean colors on Monday, 4/30.
- Please read the SJA newsletter: SJA Newsletter
May 10 Moms and daughters make crowns
May 11 May Crowning- Boys will need dress pants, shoes and a shirt and tie
May 25 Variety Show
June 4 Disneyland
June 5- 6 Finals
June 7th Swim party at Mrs Skraby’s house 1-3. Please submit $50. This is a donation ½ to grad fund, ½ to the gala.
All boys will be wearing a dress shirt, tie,dress pants and dress shoes. (the same will be worn for May Crowning)
Girls will be wearing their graduation dress.
The graduates will be wearing the grad gowns for both the morning prayer service and the graduation mass.
8:45AM. all eighth grade graduates will meet me at the church. NO child is to come before 8:45.
9:00 - 10:00AM. Prayer service. At the prayer service all siblings will be invited to join the graduate as the affirmation is read.
10:00-10:30ish. Awards ceremony
11:00-12:30 Breakfast in the parish hall. We will be collecting money for extra family members who attend the breakfast.
12:30 All graduates will leave breakfast to get grad gowns on for the class picture on the Patio of the Bells.
1:00 PM. Graduation Mass
The mass usually takes about 90 minutes. After the mass your child will hand in the grad gown to receive their diploma.
Decorating will take place in the hall
The dinner/dance 6-10PM
All families are expected to help with clean up.